Friday, June 27, 2008

"ID 10 T" Error - Computer problems anyone?

Last Saturday morning, after my usual cup of coffee in the kitchen, I headed on to my study to check out my emails and take care of a few online chores when suddenly I began having trouble with my computer, so being stuck and not knowing what to do, I called Justin, the 11 year old boy from next door, whose bedroom looks like a mission control center, and asked if he could come over to have a look at it, and see if anything could be done.

After looking at the computer and clicking a couple of buttons, he solved the problem. As he was walking away, I called after him and asked “What was wrong?”.

He replied, “It was an "ID ten T" Error”. As you might imagine, I didn’t want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, “An ID ten T" error" ?, What is that, in case I need to fix it again.

Justin grinned… “Haven’t you ever heard of an "ID ten T" Error" before ? "No, I replied". “Write it down he said, and I think you will figure it out”

So, I wrote down: ID10T

Isn't it funny how we get tangled up in twists and details that we tend not to see the Forrest for the Trees.

No comments: