The Original 48
and now in 2010...here is the new model
* A rubber-mounted, fuel-injected 1,200cc Evolution V-twin
* A 5-speed transmission
* 16 inch black, laced steel wheels (chrome is optional), with chopped fenders
* A one-piece, 26 inch high solo classic seat
* A low profile handlebar equipped with under-mounted mirrors
* Key blacked-out components
The Forty-Eight is based on the running gear of the Sportster 1200, but with 16” balloon tires (both front and rear are 150-section!) and wider-mounted front forks to match.
The front mudguard is a shorty-style guard mounted on a fork brace, and the rear mudguard is cut-down too.
As standard the 48 is single-seat with a low height of 710mm, and the indicators also incorporate the rear brake lights like the Nightster.
The mirrors are mounted under the handlebars for a sleek look, and the engine, air filter cover, hand controls and indicator bodies are finished in black.
Paint options are black, orange or silver.