Monday, March 30, 2009

How would you fix the economy

Patriotic retirement:
There's about 40 million people over 50 in the work force -pay them $1 million
a piece severance pay with the following stipulations:


1) They leave their jobs.
Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
2) They buy NEW American cars.
Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
3) They either buy a house/pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed.

Can't get any easier than that!

OK this joke has been circulating for about 2 weeks. I thought I'd post it for those who haven't seen it...Is there some truth in any of this...Can a similar plan work?

4 comments:

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

Someone can give me 1 Million dollars and I'd gladly retire from my job!

Here's my retirement plan: I can beg 1 Million people to give me $1 each so I can have $1 Million in the bank. Hahaha.

A Lady's Life said...

Sounds good to me. It would resolve a lot of problems.
Maybe giving people the money instead of corporations would be a better deal cause then people could open their own businesses and sell to grow our own economy instead of some one elses.
It would be different if other economies bought from us but we give them our jobs and then buy their products lol

Dawning One said...

this is not a joke. this WOULD fix the economy of any country where it was to happen, alas, its just a dream

Baron's Life said...

Jen L. someone gives a Million...I'm outta here babe

A Lady's Life...you got a point there Babe

Dawning One...Wishful thinking it was a joke... They are winning..The problem really is one of balanced global trade...! I visited your blog and like it and will spend some time on it B4 I can comment
Cheers and keep well.